Jun 19, 2008

Random Thoughts Today


Today contained a lot of random thoughts paired with random actions. Some were my own, but some were odd things I saw today.

First the things I heard/saw/overheard:
  • Our neighbors have gorgeous patio furniture and they use it to eat value meals from McDonalds and Wendys
  • As I was biking into campus, there was a teenage boy barking like a dog at passing cars. Maybe it's contagious.
  • When I was checking out at the grocery store, I was behind a man with a six-pack of Bud Light and a single red rose. He turned around and said, "I'm proposing tonight." I said "congratulations." He said "do you think I should do something other than beer." I said "wine or champagne might be more romantic, if she drinks it." He said, "can you help me find something." I suggested several things. He bought the really syrupy daiquiri mix instead (which cost more) because "TGI Fridays is a classy brand"
  • The rose bush that I spend a fortune trying to save last summer, before I finally started my quest to kill it and start over, it not only still alive, but thriving.
  • Our neighbors across the alley had a garage sale on a Thursday afternoon. Everyone who came parked facing the wrong direction in a one way alley.
Random thoughts I had today:

  • Biking to school: I wonder if I still remember the combination to my bike lock.
  • Sitting in Class: I want to be on the writing retreat with C
  • Biking home form class: my butt hurts
  • Doing homework: I don't think you're allowed to just change due dates and not tell anyone.
  • Reading email: yes, I know I overreact, you don't have to point it out again.
  • Reading email again: my friends have the coolest blogs
  • Driving home from the grocery store: there's a hot air balloon over my house and I haven't figured out how to use the camera on the new phone yet.

No comments: