Jun 7, 2008

Cell Phone Plans

We finished our 2 year cell phone contract a few months ago and planned on upgrading our phones and plan this morning. I have never been one to upgrade my phone when I have an upgrade available, mostly because I don't think about it. My cell spends most of its life on silent mode at the bottom of my purse (on a side note, I recently deleted 200+ pictures of the bottom of my purse that the camera had automatically taken).

When we signed up, I used the group discount from SMS and today and I signed up to use the ISU equivalent of the same. We had decided that we were going to add a text messaging package (C and M that feature is for you). Only when I went to add it, ISU only gives a discount for individual plans. Greg and I have a family plan. I understand that the cell phone company assumes that mostly individual students will take advantage of the discount, but seriously, I can't be the only ISU person (faculty, staff, and students are all included) who wants a family plan to share minutes and text messages.

Now we wait until Monday and hope State Farm is more family friendly.

No comments: