May 23, 2008

Animal Friends: Red Collar Society

I feel slightly hypocritical posting this because we currently don't have any pets. However, I have several friends who are quite committed to animal rescue and have convinced me that when we do decide to get a pet (an ongoing conversation in our house), it will be a rescued animal.

This morning I was watching the Today show, and they did a special on the need to not just adopt (M: Ann Curry actually said when you get a pet, you should only adopt), but to adopt older animals.



The two organizations they featured are both on the east coast, but I was glad that they featured the older animals. Now back to convincing Greg that we need a pet.

1 comment:

M said...

Oh, Gen, how I love that you posted this!!! You know how I feel about the topic, but let me reiterate again how important it is that we adopt dogs from shelters and we give older dogs a chance.

Right now is a really bad time, as many people who got puppies for Christmas are growing tired of their not-so-puppy-like dogs and would rather dump them than take them into consideration as they plan summer moves and vacations.