Aug 6, 2008

(Non)Recommeded Reading?

So a few weeks ago, Rakicy and I taught his mom how to use Google Docs. In our demo, we were trying to show her how two people could edit the same document simultaneously. I didn't really feel like typing a large block of text to use as a demo, so I cut and pasted my booklist for my internship proposal.

Fast forward to today...Rakicy's mom calls and says that she read a book on my list and it was really good, so she thinks she might read some more of them. Uh oh! Because they were alphabetical, she started with Joan Bauer's Rules of the Road. This is probably the most conservative book on the list, and lets just say that they go downhill (in terms of lining up with her world view) from there.

Rakicy called her back and said that they may not all be her style. She said, "that's okay, I'll look them up on the internet first." Hmm...do we think that she will find the blog entry about the next book on the list or the very offensive movie poster first. I could go into the Google Doc and delete all of the titles that might offend her, but wait that would be most of the rest of them.