Aug 17, 2008

"Kevin's" First Day

Last semester might have been my most memorable first day of classes ever. I had a student, I'll call him Kevin, who spent the first day passed out in the fetal position under the desk at the front of the room. Really, to be fair he came in class about 20 minutes late looking like he hadn't showered or slept in days and announced "I'm Kevin." He then semi-passed out in his chair and shortly after that fell out of his chair, rolled in a ball and stayed under the table. This was a very awkward first day for me, mostly because the other students seemed not to mind that Kevin was unconscious and looked like he'd been strung out on multiple things for several days. Kevin amazingly passed that class, although he spent a great deal of the semester mentally strung out, not showering, and looking for B.

I really curious what kind of first day this will be, but I'm really curious what kind of first Kevin will have this semester.

1 comment:

J. said...

Have a good first day!