Aug 13, 2008

Children's Movies

I realize that days before school starts is not the time to be posting this question, but I've decided to do a film unit this semester, but I can't for the life of me pick a movie. My problem is now I want to teach too many movies. I don't want a Disney movie because I already show clips during a unit of fairytales, but anything else is fair game. So, if you could teach a movie in a children's literature class what would it be?

Note: you do not have be a children's lit person to answer this question. I welcome all suggestions.

6 comments:

Sarah Jo Austin said...

Hmm...this might fall under fairytale, too. What about Ever After?

Does the movie have to based upon a children's book?

Is it sad that I can't think of any kids movies that aren't Disney?

In regards to film and the car/road trip, have you considered Ferris Bueller and Cameron's Dad's car?

I'll keep thinking...

Sarah Jo Austin said...

Ooh! Charlotte's Web? I haven't seen the live action version, but I loved the cartoon as a kiddo.

G said...

Good suggestions...

Just to clarify this one doesn't have to be about road trips. I really only deal with those in adolescent lit :)

Carey said...

shrek, buffy the vampire slayer, care bears,gi joe, transformers.... i'll keep thinking!

J. said...

Wow; synchronicity! I put one on my list for the course, and I was just going to do a big post about it today. The movie? "D.A.R.Y.L." to go along with the scifi/fantasy unit.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium?

E.T.?

Home Alone?