Jul 24, 2008

A Milestone



This afternoon, I officially finished my coursework for my PhD. I am officially exhausted, but very, very excited. A good friend told me before I started my PhD that grad school is more about endurance than intelligence. She's right. 14 classes after I started this endeavor, I'm very tired (emotionally, physically, and intellectually). I know that finishing coursework does not by any means equal done with a PhD, but it's a huge relief.

Tonight I am celebrating with a few friends, but I was so excited to finish that shortly after submitting my final project, I sent a mass email announcing the submission of my final project. For those who think that may have been cheesy, the end of coursework means that I now get to work exclusively on my research for the first time in...well ever!

Now the countdown to ABD begins...

2 comments:

Dr. M said...

I don't think it was cheesy at all!!! Congrats to you guys!! I am ready to party like it is 1999!!

J. said...

Ditto!

Congrats to all of us!