Nov 18, 2008

Lists

Things I need to accomplish this week:
  • grade papers
  • grade a month's worth of "in-class" writing
  • fix Blackboard gradebook, so I can post grades
  • get new tires for Corolla
  • buy multiple bags of Snyder's Pretzels for my mom*
  • buy regional beer to take to Arkansas**
  • clean out teaching bag
  • return Netflix movies
  • do laundry
  • work on synthesis statement
  • go to library
  • call insurance company
Things I have done today:
  • grade two papers
  • spend an hour on internet looking for a way to email insurance company
  • browse Netflix on demand
  • check to see if Bones is new this week
  • read emails on department listserv about stray cat
  • refresh Fedex website to check for package updates
  • play with privacy options on baby blog
Clearly my productivity attention span is equal to approximately two papers. I've determined that electronic grading is probably not for me (although it cut down on copying expenses for the internship). Electronic grading means secure dropboxes which requires internet access, which requires me play on the internet instead of working, which means I don't grade. This is a problem.

No comments: