Apr 10, 2009

FAQ

Q: Do I need a works cited for my (insert assignment here)?
A: Yes, if you are asking this question, then the answer is probably yes. Clearly you have some item that you think might go on such a document, so you should probably have a works cited page. If you don't know what you would put on the works cited page, then you probably wouldn't be asking this question. I promise you that you will not get in trouble if you create an works cited page that your instructor doesn't want, but if you repeatedly ask this question for every assignment, you're grade might actually start to suffer.

2 comments:

Rakicy said...

Ummm...Do I need a works cited of my works cited? just askin' cause I have this jellyfish with peanut butter ceiling tiles in my storage cabinet with chains and jogging shoes soaking in basalmic vineger and creamy onion mustard sitting on my carport...

Sorry couldn't resist...

J. said...

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to field this one, I'd be a very rich man by now. I wish humans came with a clickable canned-response feature, so we didn't have to waste so much time on questions like this.