Mar 25, 2009

Baby Disrupts Student Learning

I get lots of weird student email that I find amusing, but I may have to print this one out for the baby book.

Dear Mrs. XXX,
I wanted to know if it would be okay if I switched seats in your Eng XXX class. I know it's really late in the semester and everyone sits in the same place every day, but I'm having trouble paying attention. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that your baby really moves around alot and sometimes it makes it hard for me to pay attention to the class. I hope this isn't a problem and I'm sorry I called your baby it I don't know what to call a baby when you don't know the gender.

Thanks,
XXXX


For the record, I don't have assigned seats in my classes. I probably wouldn't have even thought that much about it if she had switched seats. Clearly it's not texting during class that is disrupting student learning, it's kicking babies.

5 comments:

b said...

I LOVE this; it's absolutely hilarious.

Dr. M said...

I agree-this email is fantastic. Love it!

J. said...

This is going to make a great introduction to a book down the line!

G said...

Is it wrong that I was most concerned by the gender comment at the end?

Anonymous said...

You should respond:

"Dear XX,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Truthfully, I didn't even realize I was pregnant and will deal with that situation promptly. Also, feel free to sit wherever you are most comfortable."

Sincerely,

Mrs. XX